Saturday, October 27, 2007

IL2007 picks

I'm finishing up my preliminary schedule for IL. There are too many good sessions I want in on!!!

Monday:

  • AM: Keynote: 2.0 and the Internet World. Will outline typologies of internet users, future forecasting, and user types in the library environment. Then, Practical Mashups. Practical mashups for educational environments. Now I need to pick from several academic studies on student users. Yargh!
  • lunch!
  • PM: Successful Web 2.0 initiatives with Students and Teachers. Duck into Erica's session quickly, then run back to 21C Libraries - Getting your Administrator on Board. If it's not useful, then I will hit MySpace and Facebook Pros/Cons. Following that, School Library Learning 2.0 from the CLA and The Future of Blogs OR Multimedia Search OR User-Generated Content. I think I need a clone.
  • Hopefully dinner. And editing all the notes I will have taken during the day!
Tuesday:
  • AM: Learning and Literacy in a Digital World I@S Keynote. I can't wait to hear Pam Berger talk. She will be fresh from Reno and can hopefully illuminate some of the new AASL standards. (Which I am already impressed with!) Then we have scheduled exhibit time, and Educational Gaming in Libraries. KidsClick Redesign project, aaaaaaand lunch.
  • PM: Exploratorium OR Getting Their Attention: Training and SN Tools. Stroll by the Creative Commons Cybertour... RSS@Schools next, then "Gary's Latest Web Research Update." Duck into Kelly C's session on 2nd Life for Teens to say hello.
  • 6 pm - Learning 2.0 dine around
  • 7:30 - Session with Delft librarians and Aaron Schmidt. Special documentary screening!
Wednesday:
  • AM: Keynote on Future of Search. Search Engine and Handheld sessions all AM, but also cybertours on eBooks and eInk, RSS, and Citation Managers.
  • lunch.
  • PM: User-based tagging, then Tech Tools for Outreach, and Visual Information Retrieval.
  • Exhaustion :D

No comments: